REASSESS – Nordic Centre of Excellence Reassessing the Nordic Welfare Model had its final conference in Oslo, 21-22 August. Five years of extensive collaboration came to an end with an excellent conference bringing Nordic scholars together with colleagues from abroad.
I organised a launch of the book “Changing Social Equality: The Nordic welfare model in the 21st century” with this program:
- Welcome by Joakim Palme
- Transformation of the Nordic welfare model? by Jon Kvist
- Equality in the social service state by Gabrielle Meagher and Marta Szebehely
- Rich and poor people in Scandinavia by Johan Fritzell
- Labour market transitions, unemployment protection and poverty in the EU by Olli Kangas
- Panel discussion with moderator Joakim Palme